Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halloween Spider Box

Another fun Halloween project.  I was just fussing around when I made this spider on a box.  I love boxes and I was so happy that SU started carrying it again.  Then I thought...what am I going to do with them?  I wrapped a strip of DSP from the Howlstooth & Scaringbone collection.
The spider was made using the 1 3/8" circle punch, 1/2 punch and 1/8" circle punch.  The legs were hand cut strips.  Nothing fancy.
I put the sentiment on the back of the tag.  This sentiment is from an older Halloween stamp set called Wicked Cool, but it is still available!!  Even if Halloween is next week, if you like this fun sentiment (and the rest of the images), good time to get it.  We never know what sets will be on the retired list come June!
I wanted to put a web for my spider and played around with this idea...I used the Snow Flurry Bigz die and cut it out in black.  Thought it looked pretty evil in black, don't you??
That's it for today!  Thanks again for coming back to look at my post.  More coming tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Really cute...I luv the black snowflake, it adds a gothic feel to your box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your too cute Halloween projects. Thanks so much for sharing, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cute spider. What a great idea to use a snowflake for the web.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool project!! I love using punches to create fun characters. Googly eyes would have been fun to add too. Great ideas!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!