Saturday, September 29, 2012

Catching Up with Me!

 
It's been a crazy couple of weeks.  Dad got very ill on September 14 and stayed for one week in the hospital.  He was diagnosed with C Diff and was put in isolation in the hospital because this illness is very contagious.  To visit him, we had to wear a mask, gloves and gown and washing up with soap and water.  We were told that even using hand sanitizers would not kill off the bacteria.  Thank goodness our caregiver was able to stay with him at nights after the hospital stopped having a sitter stay with him.  It gave me peace of mind to know that he was in good hands.  Anyway, we brought him home on September 21 and because he was still on antibiotic treatment, was not allowed to go to daycare.  He was really weak and also retaining lots of fluids, so it was good that he was able to stay home.  He practically slept day and night.  He is so much better today, although the swelling is still present.  I have him on medication to drain the fluid, and it seems to be working.  He's saying that he doesn't want to go back to daycare - oh boy!  We will have to work something out!
On another note, I did have my ornament class and the ladies had so much fun making the two ornaments.  Thanks ladies for coming to the class and thanks Wini for your help and support.  It was a very relaxing day for me too!  The holiday combo class is in the works and I'm excited to finish up so I can share them with you.  I'll be blogging the details when I'm done.
Thanks to all of you who still read my posts.  I still enjoy visiting blogs when I can.  I think alot of people have moved away from the blogs and are mostly on the social networks...so I thank you again for your support.
My next post will be a fun Halloween project!  Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. I could practially smell those pretty plumeria flowers. So glad Dad is doing okay. He is so blessed to have such a loving and caring daughter like you, Teri. I bet he'll loving being back at daycare once he gets there and feeling a lot better. I'm glad you are taking some time out for yourself and having fun with friends. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one that loved that plumeria. I don't know that I've ever seen that color before. I'm used to seeing the white with yellow center.... truly a gorgeous flower.

    Prayers coming for your dad... hopefully he will heal quickly.... I can't imagine how scary it was for you.....

    Have a great weekend, what's left of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your dad is doing much better, Teri!
    I still try to visit and read posts when I can. It's just so hard sometimes with work and three little ones.
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your dad us home Nd doing better and you have time time to do some crafting. I'm glad you Sre still updAging your blog. I miss reading the local blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for typos. My fault for doing it on the phone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. You and your dad have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that he is home and that he is doing better. I hope and pray that he continues to do better each and everyday and that he would be willing to go back to daycare soon. Big hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!