Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Candy Bar Holders

I'm so struggling to get back into the crafting mode!  We had an awards ceremony at work last Friday and I had a handful of friends who received awards for years of service.  Our own division honored four nominees too!  Yay!  I made 8 of these candy bar holders.  It was the easiest thing I could think of to make.  I bought those huge candy bars and wrapped them up in cardstock and then decorated them so simply. I know it's not my best work, but it turned out not too bad.
I will be posting a tutorial on how to make these just in case someone is interested.  Of course, this project is not a new thing and I'm sure alot of you have made it before.  Even as easy as this was to make, it was still a struggle for me to get it done in a timely manner.  Mostly because I started so late in the evening.  Yes, I made them on Thursday night - the night before I needed them.  Typical me!  Anyway, here is how they turned out.
Here's a photo of Tik and Alice.  My two co-workers.   Alice made that beautiful lei for Tik - her favorite color Pink! 
I've been in the mood lately to take photos of the Queen.  She's constantly by my side.  Not quite joined at my hip, but sort of.  She displays goofy behavior when I leave for work - combing the house crying and carrying her Nemo fish toy around in her mouth.  At least that is what I'm told by my Dad's caregiver, Tobie.  Silly cat!  Here's a couple more photos of Mochiko.
 She's getting comfy on my paper cutter.  I guess that's why I own more than one!
Hey, thanks for stopping by today.  I'm really trying to get back into the swing of things and post more.  I think there's still an audience out there on blogs...am I right?  Oh well, even though no one reads my posts, at least I have a journal of my crazy life!  Tutorial to follow soon!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely candy holders..... Great project idea!
    TFS Teri~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet candybar holders & love how you capture the expressions of Mochiko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those candy bar holders were so cute and such a joy to receive. I just love Mochiko and seeing adorable pictures of her. She misses her Mommy. I would love to see a pic of her carrying her Nemo fish. She reminds me so much of my Tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your blog and check it out every couple of days!! Your ideas that you share with us are great and want you to know we do read your "blog". Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!