Saturday, June 16, 2012

It's Class Time! The Sneak Peek and sign up info

Okay, I've been meaning to get back on the computer and do this post after I finish my one million things on my to do list!  It was taking me too long to get through my list so I decided to side track from my list and just do this post! LOL!
Finally! Tonight is the night that I'm committed to finishing this post!  The idea of getting back into doing classes was so exciting!  I started planning a "mini" class, that somehow just grew into a regular class.  Soooooo, I am giving it a try and will be offering a class using this new and fun stamp set called Betsy's Blossoms.

Here's the info for the class:
When:  Saturday, July 7 at my home from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. 
What we will be making:  *  6 cards (2 each of 3 designs) with matching envelopes
                                          *  One stationery holder with notepad with matching card and envelope
Cost:  $20
Bring your basic tool kit (mainly your adhesive and whatever you use to craft, and your reading glasses, if needed)

Kits are reserved on a first come, first served basis.  I will commit to making 10 kits right now, and if there are more than 10 responses, I might have to do a additional class on another day.  Remember, this is my first class since October 2011 so I gotta get back into the swing and don't want to stress myself out for this first class.
If you are interested in attending this class, please RSVP by commenting to this post AND send me an email.  This way, I won't miss your RSVP.  The deadline to RSVP is Friday, June 23rd to allow time to order the supplies and cut the kits.  After you RSVP and get a confirmation from me that you have a kit reserved for you, I will need you to mail your payment to me ASAP.  The payment will hold your reservation for your kit.  Additional information will be sent to you via email.
After I stopped doing classes in October and was planning to deactivate, I haven't placed an order since then.  I will need to collect your payment to purchase the supplies for this class. 
The time allowed for this class should be enough time to complete everything.  I will need to stick to the 2:00 p.m. end time because I'll have to allow enough time to clean up and pick up my Dad from daycare.  Ideally, future classes may be held on a Sunday because Dad is home (no daycare) and I will have a caregiver to watch him.
I will provide iced tea and some small refreshment - possibly brownies??  I know that we will be working during the lunch hour, so feel free to bring lunch for yourself.  You are not obligated to bring food for everyone!  And the reason why I am not offering to provide lunch (it sounds so selfish of me) is because it will add too much stress on me and then I won't be able to do future classes.  I HAVE to stay on this schedule in order to finish on time and leave to pick up my Dad.  If you are planning to take a lunch break, just remember that we will be cleaning up the tables at 2:00 p.m.  Please bear with me while I get back into a routine for these classes, it's been so long!
I haven't given thoughts to the "to go" kits that I used to offer.  If anyone is interested in kits and cannot attend the class, send me an email and I'll figure something out.
Well, here is the sneak peek for the cards:
And here is the sneak peek for the stationery holder:
This stationery holder is an idea from Brandy Coxon.
Looking forward to hearing from you and hoping that some of you are still interested in coming to my class!
Thanks for stopping in to read my post today!                      

7 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back Teri! Looking forward to seeing some of your fabulous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are having a class. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend in person. If possible I would like to order a "to go" kit. I know that you said that have not given the "to go" kits much thought, but if it's not too much trouble I would like to order one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Teri! Can't come to this class b/c I'm hosting an all-day crop at the library but I'll be on the lookout for Sunday classes. Welcome back to teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sign me up please! So excited to see you back!

    Big hugs,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sign me up too...
    Thanks, Elena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!