Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hello!

Hello Friends.  I know that It's been a very long time since I last posted, but so many things in my life has changed.  Taking care of Dad is pretty much all that I do and I must say that it has been one of the most exhausting things I've ever done in my life.  There is no time to turn on the computer or even think about my crafts these days.  The holidays were very hectic as well.  Not too much time to do any hand crafted things, just a select few.  Since I wasn't able to post during the holidays, I missed sharing with you the few things that I did make, so if I find the time, I will be sharing them even if the holidays are over - I hope you don't mind.
Today is Superbowl Sunday and I'm not a football fan - I have no clue on anything football - LOL!  It's been a real lazy day for me and Dad since we are the only ones at home.  My caregiver wasn't feeling well, so she told me that she wasn't coming the whole weekend.  Boo hoo for me!  I stayed up all night taking Dad to the bathroom every 2 hours.  That's not the hardest part - he forgets that he needs to use his walker because he stumbles and he gives me a hard time when I insist he uses it.  Dementia is such a sad disease because the person has no clue what they are doing or not doing.  I find it so sad when I help Dad because just the simple things he forgets and it's not a joke.  Anyway, today, Dad is resting on his chair with the game on and I decided to try to "force" myself to do something for Valentine's Day.   Here's what I came up with...
I used my BS Pro die Bag with handles and some cute and fun monster clip art that I purchased from Lettering Delights.  It was easier than doing the stamping and coloring.  I hope that I will be able to make a few of these to give to the CU girls and to the girls in my office.
I made a cute box using another BS Pro die.  This box took too long to make, not a good one to duplicate.
 Just wanted to share a side view of the box.  I propped the circle up because I couldn't think of another way to put the circle on so it would fit.  Turned out pretty cute except too much work.

I miss hearing from everyone and also seeing anyone.  I can't believe that it's been so long since I've seen my crafty friends and downline as well.  I'm toying with the idea of deactivating from Stampin' Up! since I haven't been able to touch anything in the last three months.  I wanted to say to everyone who has placed orders during the holidays a BIG THANK YOU for helping me maintain my business even if I haven't been creating, having classes and posting.  I know that there will be plenty of time for that after my job is done.  It's just so hard for me sometimes that I feel lost! 
I hope I'm able to share more with you soon - I miss all of you.  Please feel free to drop me an email and I will do my best to reply.
Thanks for reading my post and for hanging in there with me!! Hugs!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Teri! I was very excited to see on my side bar on my e-mail that you updated your blog. I couldn't wait to see what you wrote as well as what you posts. You and your dad have often come to mind and have been in my prayers. Both of you are very fortunate to have each other. I will continue to pray that God will give you strength and energy to take care of your dad and for your dad's safety. So happy that you had a chance to make a few boxes for Valentine's Day using your Big Shot Pro. Your boexes turned out really cute. Just like you I don't know anything about football. Neither does Benson. So instead watching TV today we just relaxed and did things around the house. I hope that you were able to make a few more cute boxes today while your dad watched football. Take good care of yourself Teri. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teri~
    I'm glad all is wells and Dad is trying to do his best....
    Glad to see that you got to do some crafting.... love that treat bag with the funny monster on it.... Very cute.....Take care and hope everything for the best of you and the family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teri,
    You are doing a wonderful job caring for your dad. I'm sure he appreciates it. Many times, the caregiver has it harder than the person being cared for so it's really important that you take good care of yourself. Your creations are super cute and I'm glad you had some time to craft. Take care. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about you, Teri. As a former caregiver, I know exactly what you're going through. I'm glad you found some crafty time for yourself--the boxes are so cute! Take care of yourself. I'll email you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT was such happy email to hear from you. You have been on my mind and in my prayers . Being a caregiver is one of the hardest jobs ever and the littlest time for yourself is such a treasure. I know as I was my Mom's caregiver. Someone once told me ...if you don't feed yourself, you can't help others. Sending you hugs from Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Teri! I'm so sorry you are going through this. It IS very difficult caring for someone with dementia. I had a private patient with dementia that I took care of part-time until I got pregnant with my little one. To me, it was harder than taking care of a child. I'm glad you had a little time to craft today. BIG HUGS to you!

    Aloha,
    Dena
    missdjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute monsters on your boxes are sure to delight the recipients. Crafting is such a calming respite, exercising our brain and hands to turn paper & glue into beautiful things.
    Here's praying that you fall asleep each night knowing you gave your Dad the best care, and that you rise w/ each morning's sun to greet him with a great big hug. An apple a day keeps the doctor away; a hug a day adds one more day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teri, I've been thinking you and thought you must be so busy with your Dad's care. It was nice to see Google Reader telling me you had posted. Thanks for letting us know you are hanging in there. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey T - glad to see you were able to craft a little yesterday. Your dad is very lucky to have a daughter like you. Hang in there and call me anytime for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Teri, I am one of your many followers of your blog. Your Dad is very lucky to have you caring for him. You are so bless with a loving heart.
    Miss you in blog land but I am glad you got a chance to get some crafting done. Sending love and prayers to you and your Dad.
    ((((((hugs)))))
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. awe...what sweet Valentine day ideas! I am slowly getting my butt in gear. I am making things simple now days. just not in the mood to create. but I hope I get some info. from the teachers soon about the favors. If not I am at least doing the memory books. need you to throw me ideas. can you believe I am actually surfing the web?! can't wait to get together! ttys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Teri,
    You are a very strong person with a precious heart. Being a caregiver takes a lot of energy and strength, along with a well-centered love of the person we are caring for.
    I'm glad you found the time to create! Your Valentine treat box is adorable! I love the mini monsters.
    Warm hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy for you to be able to craft even for a little while, what a nice break!

    I do know how hard it must be for you with these life changes. My bachelor uncle got dementia and we were the emergency contact for him. He didn't want to live with us, being on his own for so long. So instead we went to house everyday for about a year and half. It was hard on my mom since he started to confuse her with other people, he kinda still remembered me.Thank goodness for his caring neighbors who also helped keep an eye on him.

    Take care and try and find little spurts of time for yourself, you need it. Your Dad is very lucky to have you there, wishing youthe best.

    Hugs,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday! I hope that you had a good week and will get either today or Monday off for President's Day. I already wrote a comment on this post, but I wanted to leave you another one to let you know to please go to my craft blog when you have a chance. I have an award for you. Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey girlie... glad that you got to sneak in some crafting time during the Superbowl. I so enjoyed visiting with you and your daddy that day I did a surprise drop by! These projects are super cute!! Praying for Pops and for you to have strength in all that you do daily!! Love U Lots n' Miss U Plenty!!!

    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. My heart goes out to you, Teri. I don't know what Dad would do without you. You are his precious angel. I truly know what you are going through. Being a caregiver to a parent is the hardest job in the world and exhausting. Please take care of yourself, too. Loved your cute Valentine boxes and glad you found a bit of time to chillax.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!