Thursday, August 4, 2011

Red, White & Blue - My July C.A.T.S

Happy August!  Gosh, can't believe the last time I posted was July 14th.  Time sure flies when you are busy!  So many things happened since my last post, it's gonna take me a few posts to catch up!  Our bathroom renovation is finally done, yay!  We love the new bathroom as it makes it so much easier for Dad to maneuver around using his walker with the wider doorway and easier to help him bathe with the built in shower seat.  I will share photos of the renovation soon, promise.  I was so amazed watching the transformation of it all as you will see when I share the photos.
Today though, I am sharing with you my July C.A.T.S.   Some of you might be wondering what C.A.T.S. stands for - it's card and tag swap.  Joy is the coordinator of this fun swap.  You can check out her blog for more information on how you can join.  My partner for July was Enjoli from Kona.  The theme for July was Red, White & Blue.  I had to think real hard as to how I was going to make my card and swap and what was I going to use?  Here is my finished card - what do you think?
The colors I used: Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White.  I'm liking this color combo!  I've been wanting to use my Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch since I got it a while ago, so I punched out some flowers and I was so happy that it actually worked well with this card.  For the center of the flower, I cut small strips of paper, about 1/4" wide and rolled them up into coils, added a dot of glue at the ends.  I really liked the end results.  In this photo, you can see the details.  I made some marina mist coils too, to add around the flowers.
 The sentiment is from the Swirls and Curls Verses set.  I love the little music notes and the bird.  Added some pearls to dress it up.
Here's the inside of the card.  The larger flower is also from the triple punch and the smaller flower is from the boho flower punch.
 Here is my matching tag.  Just a smaller scale, but pretty much the same.
 Ribbon is the 1/8" taffeta ribbon.  Used a 1/2" circle punch and the 1/4" hand punch to make frame around the hole where you tie the ribbon.  Besides adding interest, it also reinforces the hole so it won't tear.  I don't have time this post to list all of the supplies used, but if you have any questions on the supplies used, please send me an email or comment.  If you comment and want an answer back from me, make sure I have your email (don't post it in the comments though), make sure I can link back to you if I don't know you.  Thanks!
I have so much to share with you, I'm hoping that I will have more time this weekend to schedule some posts so I can catch up.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  You know how much it means to have visitors, especially if you own a blog, right?  I do appreciate your visit, your comments and emails.  I know I've said it before, but it really does keep me going.  Okay, off to take care of things before I head off to sleep.  These days, I've been getting up twice a night to help Dad with his bathroom trips so I need to get some shut eye.  See you all soon!

9 comments:

  1. Teri, your card and tag came out really nice! The colors do look great together. Interesting punch. You can explain later when I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card and tag, Teri. I can hardly wait to see your completed bathroom. Mochiko must be so happy that all is quiet and she can get some undisturbed cat naps again. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a very special day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri!
    These are just wonderful! :) Luv both card and tag . . . can't believe you rolled up those tiny pieces of paper. I'll have to email you soon. Working on the "childcare" issue. Will talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I found how what the theme was for last month I had to think hard about how to make my card too. I did not want to anything patriotic even though the colors are. Your card and tag turned out great. I especially love the pearls on the card and how you rolled up paper to make the blue flowers and for the centers of the flowers. It's funny I used the blossom bouquet triple layer punch on my card and tag too. Great minds think alike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your card and tag with all the details! i love the coils, neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on this swap, Teri! I was so stumped for ideas because I just don't do "blues" and I was panicking LOL! Love the triple flower punch you used and the coiled centers...these colors came together beautifully!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visited so many blogs only for simple but beautiful tags. In the second picture is exactly what I am in search of these days, I like the triple flower punch you used and the coiled centers.
    Max earplugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! love what you used to make your card! great colors you chose to use for your red, white and blue! love seeing everyone's creations! well, I am so glad you were definitely surprised this weekend! I am hoping that it all sunk in now and you can remember! lol! thanks for all that you do...we really wanted to give back to you! give some hugs to Wini for me for playing along! TTYS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so pretty! You did a great job with these colors, and those flowers from the triple flower punch are really pretty, huh. Neat-o touch with the coils, Teri...so CREATIVE as ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!