Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Dear Kind & Wonderful Friend

Hello Friends!  Almost the end of the week.  We started the renovation of our bathroom this week and boy, it's always crazy whenever you do any kind of renovation!  Being that we only have one bathroom was kind of crazy.  Dad and I have been sleeping over my sister's house.  It's really hard living out of bags, but it's only temporary.  Hopefully, it won't take more than a week and a half.
Today, I am sharing a birthday card I made for my BFF Wini who celebrated her birthday in May.  I know it's July already, but I just had no mojo to create a special card for her.  I always loved this sentiment "My Dear Kind & Wonderful Friend" because that is just what she means to me.  I used my stampin write markers to color in the sentiment so I could get two colors instead of just one.  I used the huffing technique on this one.  I used the new DSP called Beyond the Garden.  Cardstock colors: Old Olive and Pacific Point.  Also used my new favorite ribbon, 1/2" scallop dots ribbon in chocolate chip.  The pearls added a nice touch to complete the card.  I hope she likes it!
Here are a couple of photos from the renovation.  I've been taking photos every day so we can see the process.  Here are 2 before the renovation and 2 after the demolition photos.


Poor Mochiko is so scared with all the strange people coming in and out of the house and all of the loud noise, but she found a perfect hiding place - in the farthest corner under Nolan's bed.  Whenever I check up on her, she's fast asleep.  She is so excited to be able to come out when everyone leaves.  The plumbing is all done, the electricians finished today and the carpenter is finishing up the walls and ceiling.  Cabinet installs tomorrow and then painting.  I know it will be all worth it when it's done.  I hope you are all having a nice week so far, one more day before the weekend!  I'll have my card and tag to show you that I made for the C.A.T.S. (card and tag swap) that Joy hosts.  This month, our theme was red, white and blue.  I was really happy with my card and tag.  I won't be able to show it just yet, until I send it to my partner because I want her to be surprised.
Thanks for your visit today!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Teri!! the sentiment is a wonderful way to greet a friend! Love it! Good luck on the renovation, hope they finish soon! Thank you for the words of support and friendship yesterday!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful card Teri! :) Wini will luv it for sure. Hey, can't wait to see the end produce of the renovation. Show pics okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for your BFF Wini. I am sure she will love it. The sentiment that you used is one of my favorites and is the perfect one to use for special friends. Good luck with renovation. I sure hope it gets done quickly. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see the after! I know what your bathroom looks like now! haha! so glad you are finally getting it done. so much hardship now, but it will be all worth it at the end. love that you are able to craft. let's get together soon. I gotta go to Alii HSFCU so I can drop off the gift to S1...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful and classy card, Teri! love the design! so glad to hear that everything is going well with the renovation, too! hope you have a beautiful weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card colors! and congrats on some completed demo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teri, very pretty card. I love the DP too. Can't wait to see the finished bathroom. Just wondering if your BFF Wini is the same person I'm thinking about. I don't want to mention her last name but does it start with T? :-) Just curious. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Girlie... love the renovation pics!! I love seeing that kine. Hang in there, a couple of days for a great purpose!! Hugs to you n' pops... and love the colors you've used for Wini's card. Big Big Hugs, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card for your BFF Wini. She's so lucky to be the recipient of it. I would love to see the after pics of the bathroom. I'm glad you and Dad are staying at your sister's until the renovation is completed. It's going to look really beautiful. I'm glad Mochiko is surviving all that commotion. She'll be so happy when it's all over and can sleep on her couch again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, Teri! I love the color combo and design--I'm sure your friend loves it! We're planning to renovate our kitchen! I'm looking forward to a whole new kitchen, but not looking forward to packing up stuff and all the dust! Will try to post before/after pics, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!