Wednesday, July 6, 2011

For Sweet Baby Elijah

My GF Kristen's baby, Elijah, just turned one.  Happy Birthday Elijah!!  I was honored to be asked to help make party favors and center pieces for his birthday party.  The theme was animals, so I decided to use my cricut and all time favorite cartridge Create-a-Critter.  What else, right??  Here is what I came up with.  The centerpieces was made out of a recycled baby formula container, which was turned into a bank.  I ended up cutting out an assortment of animals, but here is one of my favorites.
 Here are the rest of the critters, all waiting to be attached to the centerpiece.  It was easier for the centerpiece to be assembled at the party, so I had everything piled up and ready to assemble.
We made 100 of these candy wrapper favors in assorted colors. 
Thanks to Joy, Joni and Michelle for helping me prep and put together all of these!  It was really hard for me to get back into bulk crafting - haha!  I couldn't have done it without you guys!
This is the card I made for sweet baby Elijah.  It was an extra critter that I cut and just had to use it.  The sentiment is from SU and is a hostess set called Happiest Birthday Wishes.  Also used my Decorative Label punch and 1 3/4" circle punch.  For the water, I used my scallop border punch - all punches by SU.
 Here is the inside of the card - sentiment also from Happiest Birthday Wishes.  Hmm, I think this is a new favorite set of mine!
I hope everyone enjoyed the centerpieces and party favors as I wasn't able to attend the birthday party (sorry Kristen!, I really wanted to go)  It's really hard these days for me to go places with Dad.  I never know if he really wants to go even if he says he does but I totally understand that he can't help it.  **sigh**  I hope those of you who have extended invitations to me understand that I have to put Dad first and might not be able to make it.
Thanks for stopping in for a visit today!  More to share soon!

8 comments:

  1. So cute! You (and your crew) did such a cute job! I love the idea of the critter with the flag. You are such a good friend and daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these centerpieces! my daughters first birthday is coming up and I purchased the cricut to help with the decorations. I hope that my ideas are as creative as yours!!! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were super busy GF!!! all of the creations turned out wonderful and i'm sure it was a hit at the party!! Great that you had helpers too!! i have to assemble mine by myself =(.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wee-
    What a great job Teri- I know that create a critter cartridge is awesome...
    Very pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Teri, what a cute idea you came up with! You gals all (including Joy, Joni, Michelle) worked hard to put these favors together! I'm sure they were a big hit at the party! It's so wonderful to see you crafting!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an awesome job on the centerpieces and party favors. They are super cute. Your creations have gotten me itching to play with my Cricut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job T! Isn't it great to have crafty friends to help you in a pinch? Hope you're doing well - gotta get together again one of these days! Take care!

    P.S. - Thanks for picking Ryan up last week! He ended up going back to school after he got home!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!