Monday, June 27, 2011

Strength and Hope

Happy Monday!  Can you believe that it's the last week of June?  Hope you all had a nice relaxing and enjoyable weekend.  I spent the weekend cleaning up and organizing my bathroom because we are going to renovate it to assist Dad better, like a walk in shower.  Gonna be hard for about a week without a bathroom because we only have one bathroom in the house - don't know how we survived with only one bathroom growing up and with all girls too! We'll be going to my sister's house to shower.
Today, I am sharing with you another cute 3X3 card.  Image is from the Strength and Hope stamp set.  Stampin' Up! will donate $2 from the purchase of every set sold to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Here's a look at the stamp set:
I hope to find some "extra" time to create more with this set!  This set is available in the Summer Mini Catalog.
I wanted to share with you a few photos of my light pink ginger plant.  These are the gingers I planted for Mom and it's been over a year now and no blooms.  Well, it FINALLY bloomed!!!  While watering the yard, I discovered a few blooming flowers and was so happy, I cried!  These flowers will be cut and taken to my Mom this week.

I bought a bunch of new ginger plants to add to my collection and decided that it would look nice if we build a little flower bed for these gingers.  I had my son put these tiles around the plants and it looks way nicer like this.  He decided to make another planter and planted some sunflowers.  They are already sprouting!  I'll have photos of that next time.
Thanks for stopping by today!  Wishing you a great week!

4 comments:

  1. wow a beautiful card...
    those gingers are gorgeous mom is going to lighten up...
    have a happy day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the card you made is pretty. the pearl that you put on the butterfly adds a perfect finishing touch to it. hang in there with your bathroom being renovated. the flowers are beautiful from your ginger plant. your mom is going to love them. big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Teri! Mom is watching over you and your Dad! Just wait, more gingers will be blooming . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So happy that the ginger has bloomed! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!