Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Do The Hula party favors

I was asked by one of my bosses if I could make some party favors for about 40 people.  She was having a party, part reunion and part celebrating two birthdays as well.  Hmmm, where to begin??  I had a hard time picking my brain after suffering many mojo-less (is that a word?? LOL!) months, but the light bulb went on and I came up with this.  Sorry for the quality of the photo, I forgot my camera (because I was so darn tired!) and had to use my phone to take these when I brought them to work.
Since she wanted some kind of Hawaiian theme for one side,  I used a retired SU stamp set called Do The Hula.  I really like this hula girl and I think this is one set that I will keep in my stash.  Those who know me knows that I rarely keep stamp sets after they are retired.  After all, I need some kind of excuse to buy the new stuff, right??  Jungle leaves is an old sizzix die and I used the tall bag (pro die).
Here is the other side.  This side is to celebrate the two birthdays.  I used my SU cupcake punch.  I love the cute little cherry on top.
I made 40 of these in assorted colors.  Because of my lack of mojo and also my procrastination, I was up all night putting them together.  So tired!  I need to get some sleep!
Thanks for your visit today.  It always makes me smile when I see people commenting and still wanting to come to my blog. 
Before I go, I wanted to share a photo of my Queen.  She found a new sleeping spot.  The couch - does she look like she's thinking that she's the new owner?  Haha!  This photo didn't turn out too bad, I used my phone camera too.
Don't forget that ordering from the new catalog starts Friday, July 1st!  Did you all get to see the new catty?  What do you think?  I have such a huge wish list, it's scary!  Working on projects using new products, stay tuned!

11 comments:

  1. I tend to be such a procrastinator, so I know what you mean! LOL They came out great, though! Glad to see you posting. :)

    Dena
    http://missdjones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on these bags Teri! I love the assorted colors - they'll look great at your bosses reunion/party. I know how it is...I'm a big time procrastinator too and always end up doing all night sessions to finish things up by the next day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my Teri! You did a fantastic job on the favors! :) Busy bee!

    And look at the Queen! How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the favors turned out GREAT!! Love the added leaves with the brown ribbon! looks like she's dancing under the tree! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful favors. this is one of my favorite retired sets too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the hula girl.... And a stamp set I don't have....darn, look out ebay....lol. Very cute and ty for sharing your wonderful creativity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite your lack of Mojo... your party favors for your boss's party turned out really nice. I espeically like the variety of colors that you made them in as well as the leaves and the Hawaiian girl that you used. I love that Hawaiian set too. I was a bit sad to see that SU did not put any new Hawaiian/tropical sets in the new catty. Cute picture as usual of your cat. She definitely looks like the Queen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great favor bags in assorted colors, Teri! That hula girl is so iconic to Hawaii, and I also love how you decorated the flip side for the birthday people...clever! Gotta admit, Mochiko surely is the "Queen" of the house!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Teri, those favors turned out fabulous. I know they were greatly appreciated by the lucky recipients. You certainly put a lot of work into them. The photos were great. Have a fun 4th of July. I know Mochiko will be sleeping through the fireworks on her couch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The favors turned out great and I'm sure your boss really appreciated all the work you put in to them! Gotta love the Queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!