Monday, May 2, 2011

Sharing Easter projects, so late!

It's been a hectic end of last week and weekend.  Last Friday, at about 1:00 AM, my Dad fell and hit his head on the frame of the closet as he was getting back to his bed from going to the bathroom.  I was out cold and didn't hear anything.  It's a good thing my son heard the loud bang and ran into the room to find Dad on the floor bleeding profusely.  Head injuries bleed a lot and it's worse when you are on blood thinner, which Dad is on.  It's a good thing my husband took care of stopping the bleeding, which took a good 20 minutes or so and wrapped Dad's head in gauze.  There was blood everywhere.  I was a nervous wreck!  My BIL drove us to the emergency and Dad took 2 CATscans to check his head, neck and spine.  Thank goodness there was no injury to those areas!  The ER doctor closed his wound with 7 staples, ouch!  Dad is resting as comfortably as he can.  We've been trying to soothe his sore neck and back with warm compresses and tylenol.  Poor guy.  I've been exhausted from sleeping on the couch listening for him when he has to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Call me paranoid, but I can't help it.  I learned a good tip from one of the nurses at the ER.  Taking out blood stains using half peroxide and half water really works!  It took a few bottles of peroxide to clean up the rug and floor, but it's pretty clean now.  I was going to post a photo of his wound, but decided against it after just in case you feel queasy from seeing it (although it wasn't that gross).  I can only be thankful that he did not suffer any broken bones or neck/brain injuries.
Anyway, besides all of that going on, I meant to post these Easter treats over the weekend but just ran out of time.  I struggled to make these treats for the Kaiser pharmacy girls and for the credit union staff.  Can you believe that I even started one month before Easter was here, but many unproductive nights led to my usual rushing right before the holiday - Gee,  I was trying to avoid the stress!  Anyway, I made a bunch of carrots using this triangle box big shot pro die.  I borrowed this one from my bus partner, Cece.  I decorated it using a cute bunny image and punches.
The dilemma was how to decorate the top of the carrot.  I've seen many variations to the carrot, but I needed something really easy and simple.  I ended up using a sizzix daisy die and I fastened it to the lid of the box using a rhinestone brad by SU.  Worked perfect for me!  What do you think?
Here's a close up of the cute bunny.
I made a bunch of bunny baskets using another big shot pro die (gotta use that machine!) and the Blossom Petals Punch by SU.  I saw this creation online, I'm sorry that I forgot who's idea it was since it was so long ago. 
 Here's a view of the whole basket.  The "lettuce" was made by stamping one of the petals from the Build a Blossom stamp set and punching it out with the blossom petals punch.  I love it!
Here's a side view so you can see the basket better.  I attached the handle with rhinestone brads again (by SU).  They seem simple enough to make except I had to made 15 of them!
Thanks for your visit today.  It sure makes me smile to see so many of you still want to come to my blog to visit with the little posts I get to do.  I am trying to find some time to go to my reader to check out what you all have been up to as well.  I just seem to be a little behind in everything so please excuse me.   See you back here soon!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Teri! Sorry to hear about your Dad's accident, and I'm glad it wasn't more serious than his head wound. Poor thing! Hang in there and know that you're doing everything that has to be done. He is lucky to have a daughter like you!

    Thanks for sharing your Easter goodies. I'll bet the recipients were happy!
    Take care, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...so sorry to hear about your dad. Im glad it wasnt too serious and that he is feeling better now. I hope his neck and back feel better soon :)
    Also, your easter goodies are great! love that rhinestone brad. Take care!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your easter projects! so sorry to hear about what happened to your dad! hope he is feeling better esp. knowing that he has the best nurse in the house... YOU! hang in there and please let me know if there is anything that i can help with! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your dad is okay - scary moment for awhile. You sure were busy many all of those cute Easter creations. Take care Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your dad is feeling better soon. He sounds like he's very strong, so I'm sure he will recover quickly. I love that bunny basket! How clever to use that punch and stamp for the lettuce and bunny head. I also love the daisy for the carrot top! You are so creative! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ter, Scary!! Praise God that Pops is ok. I will say a little prayer for him and for the rest of you. Big Hugs to YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow hope your Dad recovers quickly. You could install a camera to watch him; also tie a bell to his bed or leave one on his nightstand so he can signal that he has to go. From my experience with my mom. Nice projects...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Teri my heart goes out to you for all that you went thru. I'm relieved to hear that Grandpa is doing okay. Hope you're doing okay too! Holy moly, Teri...yet you made time to make all those sweet Easter treats! You are crazy...but incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my goodness! so much has been happening with you! sorry I have been so out of touch. glad to hear that dad is doing okay. nothing broken but I know he must be in pain. glad he has you to take care of him. love the carrots you made! they are so cute! love those new bunnies too! gotta teach me! still want to plant those sunflowers too! we'll get together soon! take care and take it easy too! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute easter treats! sorry to hear about your dad...but good to know he's okay now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your Dad, Teri. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the carrots and baskets that you made. I especially like how you used a daisy for the top of the carrot. What a creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry... I thought that you posted about what happen to your dad on a earlier post. I am so sorry about what happen to your dad, but am so thankful that it was not too serious and that he is okay. I will be praying for him. I will be praying for you too that you will still get a good nights rest even though you a sleeping on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Teri! oh my goodness. so much is going on. I just logged on to your blog. I had no clue. your poor dad. I hope that he feels better soon. and you, too. you must be so sleep deprived. super cute projects, though. as always :) Lynnelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!