Monday, May 16, 2011

Let's Make Some Angry Birds

Happy Monday!  Hope you all had a relaxing weekend.  We had a super busy weekend celebrating Dad's birthday with some family and friends.  I'll be sharing some photos from that during the week.  I wanted to share my little tutorial on how I made my Angry Bird.
Here's what the finished bird looks like.
Here are the punched pieces that I used.  Punches that I used are: triple heart punch (beak), 5 petal flower punch (head feathers), 1/2" circle punch (eyes), 1/4" circle punch (eyes), Marvy circle punch (pink punch for head - I punched a red and a vanilla circle). The eyebrows are cut by hand using scraps of my 3M self adhesive paper (on sale this month at Fisher for only $3.95/pack!  I already stocked up LOL!)
 For the white section on the face, I punched a circle and then put it back in the punch to shape it like this:
Here's how I put it back in the punch
 Here is the top beak.  I folded the heart as shown and then trimmed off the sides

 For the bottom of the beak, I cut off the 2 bumps of the heart as shown.  These two pieces make the beak.
Here is the bird being assembled.
Here is the bottom beak being attached.
Add the eyes and the eyebrows and that's it!  Easy right?  If you are a Angry Birds fan, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  Have a great week everyone and thanks so much for stopping by today!

11 comments:

  1. How fun! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute T! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tutorial came at the perfect time, Teri. My granddaughter loves them and we winged it after seeing your blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tutorial! looks like a pain in the donkey but I love how it turned out! those angry birds are really catching on! we had a blast this weekend! so fun filled that Monday just bit me in the donkey too and I am here at work :( boo! oh wells...short week. hope I can get some things done! TTYL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial, Teri! You are so creative how you're able to create just about any image with punches. Wow, how do you think these up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial, Teri! Thanks! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son luvs Angry Birds! He just yelled "ANGRY BIRD" as I'm reading your tutorial! hee, hee! So funny . . . maybe I should make him follow your tutorial and make himself one! That'll be fun for him! Big HUGS to your dad on his b-day! Can't wait to see pics and that big smile of his!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, Teri!!! Thanks for the tut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever. Your Angry Birds turned out really nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha...to Joy's comment...pain in the donkey! That made me laugh! Thanks for the fab tutorial, making myself some angry birds right now! :) I'll link back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Teri, I just have to thank you for sharing this Angry Bird tutorial. Brenda just made same and shared that you had a tutorial. My grandchildren absolutely love Angry Birds. Here's my chance to to score some points with them. LOL
    TFS and warm hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!