Saturday, May 14, 2011

Angry Birds for Hailey

When my GF Jan told me that her daughter Hailey wanted an Angry Bird's party and was looking for invitations, I didn't think I could pull it off again.  After I made the first Angry Birds card, I made only one more bird for my sister.  I thought I was done :)  I had to put on my creative hat to think, think, think of how I was going to make these invitations.  The good news was that I only had to make five (5)  Here's what I came up with.
I really think that this round, the birds turned out cleaner and nicer.  What do you think??
I decided to use the origami fold card.  I'm surprised I still remembered how to fold them!
I cut out the word PARTY using my Frankie lower quickutz (my favorite one!) and adhered them to a strip of acetate.  The acetate was adhered only on the left side to allow the card to be opened. 
Hailey girl, I hope you liked your party invitations!  I really had fun making them.  Thanks to all of you for spending a little time of your day here on my blog.  I haven't found too much extra time yet to check out your blogs and projects.  I am so wanting some free time to do this!  Hope I can find the time soon.  

13 comments:

  1. Those darn Angry Birds are too cute! Great job on the invites T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! love how the card opens up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hailey will love those too cute and clever invitations. The lucky recipients will be blown away by them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these turned out so cute Teri!I'll bet Hailey was really happy to have these cool invites to pass out to her guests! Great idea how you used the acetate to adhere the letters...gonna have to try and remember that trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Teri, this is so cute! I have so much fun when I visit your blog. I've never heard of an Angry Bird Party, but you did a splendid job in getting the point across. Hehehe
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment.
    Warm hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Teri this looks amazing.. it looks really professional actually.. you did an amazing job...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have searched the Internet looking for the perfect Angry Bird invite for my son's 7th birthday party. And I fell in love with yours! I really like the way it opens up but can't find instructions on how to fold the card. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw someone else claiming this as their work and selling it on facebook

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=239575256100544&set=pu.226337220757681&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so cute,,,,my daughter also wants to have an angry bird party ......can you please show me how you did the oragami fold ,,,,,it looks easy but I just can't figure it out.:/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have some instructions or a tutorial for this. Does anything like this exist?

    Thank you,
    Deonna
    bdhotovec@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need these not just angry bird but some plain to freestyle nd use with other event please email me alisagraham25@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!