Monday, April 18, 2011

Purrrfect friend

I hope you all had a nice weekend.  Lots of yard work this weekend and house cleaning.  Took Dad to get his physical and TB tests done last Friday.  He'll have to get the second step of the TB test in a week.  It will be a good two weeks before he can actually start the day care.
Today's card is not a card using SU supplies except for the rhinestones.   I just had to share a special card I made for a friend that I have never met in person.  Roberta is an island girl and a fellow cat lover.  She even has her own king of the house.  We've been sharing lots of cat stories and found out that we have lots in common, mainly a house cat with similar personalities.
I wanted to make Roberta a special card and I knew that it had to have a cat on it - decisions, decisions!  I settled on this box card.  I used a box and turned it into a card!  I added acetate to the box window and at first was going to make it a shaker card.  After looking at it real good, I decided that the beads would start falling out, so decided to fill the card with flowers instead.  What do you think?
Here's a closer look at the inside...
Well, here are more yard photos.  Sorry if you are tired of seeing them, but I have alot to share. I was actually asked just how big my yard was, so here it is!
These photos are different angles of the same greenhouse.  I actually spent a few days after work last week really cleaning it up.  I'm almost cleaning this house to satisfaction.





There were so much weeds and unwanted green waste that I filled up the green trash can already!  Hopefully after all of this yard work is done, I'll be able to maintain it and not have to be a backyard slave! LOL!  Maybe my craft mojo will come back and I'll have some time to finally craft.
Thanks for stopping by today.  Hoping I can start another post for this week.  Trying to get back on a schedule of some sort.  Hugs!

12 comments:

  1. What a creative idea using the shaker box!! Love the way it turned out! Ah, your yard looks so much better than mine!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so lucky to be the recipient of that purrfect shaker box card. I loved it. Thank you, Teri! I wish I was as motivated as you when it comes to yard work. You did a fantastic job. I'm waiting for summer for the weeds to die. Hope Dad can start adult day care as soon as he gets his second TB test. I know he is looking forward to it. I am happy for him. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute box! love the flowers :) also, awesome job in the garden. Its so big..Glad to see your dads doing well and on his way to day care :) hes gonna have such a great time! hugs...have a great monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you put flowers in the shaker box! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute box card! love the cat! and wow, your garden is huge! looks like you have lots of fun in there! with me, i don't like plants because i'm scared of all the bugs! esp. lizards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute pop up box card. you are right that the beads would fall out. cute cat! glad to see that you are crafting. hope you had a good weekend. we missed you at Michelle's. hope everything is going good. hope we can get together soon. have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shaker box. It looks PURR-fect! I can't belive how many rhinestones you put on the border. Did your eyes go crossed by time you finished? :) You've continue to a great job on cleaning up your yard. Have a great week! Hugs always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww luv your box Teri! Missed you on Saturday but I know how hard it must be for you. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE box!! Love your yard! So big! Lots of room for plants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable shaker box, Teri! Good idea to substitute flowers for the beads. Great job on the yard cleaning, and I hope your Dad will enjoy day care and give you a little respite...Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your box turned out really cute! Glad to see your dad on Sunday and he looks really good. I still can't get over your yard. Guess I never did go around your house to see how big it really is. Good luck with it. My sunflowers are still up which is a good sign. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!