Monday, April 11, 2011

Garden Tour and a card

It's been a while since I've been in touch with blogland and with all of you, my friends.  Let's just say that I've been on a different path, one that is necessary and one that I have no regrets.  I miss my crafting, but learning something new is always good right?  I've been spending most of my early evenings after work and weekends right here in the yard tending to the "jungle" that has been neglected for way too long.  I know in the end, I will be very happy with the results and won't even remember that I had months of achy muscles, LOL!
Remember the red gingers that I planted over a year ago for mom?  Here's what it looks like today.  It's really grown into a huge bush which needs to be trimmed down some.  The only thing that bothers me about this healthy bunch of plants is that it didn't bear any flowers yet!
I had a first crop of flowers from a smaller bunch of red gingers in another area in the yard.  It made me so happy to see the flowers blooming!  I was able to gather a small bouquet that we took to mom.  I'm sure she was smiling and was proud of me.
Here is what the smaller crop of red gingers looked like with the blooming flowers.
Just wanted to share this beautiful plant in one our our green houses.  Mom used to love this plant when it bloomed, so just had to share this one too.
I found this beautiful orchid growing in the corner of another green house.  Amazing since I don't remember watering or caring for this plant.
Here is my bouquet of red gingers.  Not bad for an amateur gardener eh?
I just had to have my sister take my photo with the first crop. 
 
I've been struggling with my creating lately.  Must be because I've been putting all of my energy into the garden.  I did manage to make this card.  I really liked the way it turned out.  I've been wanting to use this die for some time now.  This die is called Lattice Trellis.   The sentiment is one of my favorite ones.
 Here is the inside of the card...
 Believe it or not, I have a few more creations to share.  I will try to pre-post them for the week.  Thank you for visiting me today.  I appreciate that so many of you have kept in touch with me via email to see if I was doing okay.  Also was touched to get some visits at the house as well.
I still haven't decided on if and/or when I will do classes again.  I've been so busy with caring for Dad and doing yard work that I am kind of grateful that I put the classes on hold.  It's just one thing less to worry about.  I do hope that when I decided to start up again that I'll still have people interested in coming. LOL!  The other thing is that I'm not sure if I will continue to be a SU demonstrator.  Toying with the idea of being a non-demonstrator so that I can dabble in products from other companies besides SU.  I will always still use the SU products, but being a demonstrator requires a whole different commitment.  Anyway, just blabbing and wanted to let you all know my thoughts.  Til next time...

17 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back, Teri! Glad you are taking time off for yourself. We all need to do that from time to time. Take care! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're still blogging and keeping yourself busy with the garden - your mom will be so happy with the ginger flowers and don't worry about those classes for now - taking care of your dad is priority and you will have no regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous garden and a gorgeous lady! We are still just at the seedling stage...here's hoping we even get a crop this year (last year we had snow for half of June!). Pretty card! Nancy had that die when I saw it on Friday...I like how you used it here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers and card, Teri. I'm glad you are taking some time off for yourself. Your Mom would be so proud of you. She is always with you. You are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden. You've surely been rewarded for all the hard work that you did. Glad to see that you're doing Ok, and it's great to see your creations any time you post. Hope your Dad is doing all right, too...You're such a devoted daughter. It's hard work caring for an elderly parent...they need extra TLC. And so do you..take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm, LOVE the gingers Teri!! They blossomed so beautifully!! wanna come and do my yard?! hehe! and that card is wonderful! like the die and the sentiment and the colors are rockin'! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, how great that your gingers bloomed. I didn't know you planted those too. Wonder why that other group hasn't sprouted flowers. How's the roses?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is awesome! I love all the flowers :) Strange that the bunch of gingers didnt bloom...haha, maybe their stubborn! Ive got a few plants like that. Also, love that card. The trellis die is so pretty. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love to see all your hard work is now paying off. love to see the flowers! glad you are still finding time to craft. you know that you need to get away some times and relax and just be with others and craft too. so remember to make the time to do that. it's important for your well being too! hope to see you soon! have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very beautiful plants! love the orchids! and nice card too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely flowers and a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the card is beautiful and so are the gingers! no matter what you decide to do with SU, i support your decision 100%! i know that you will decide to do what is best for you! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden flowers are all blooming so beautifully, Teri! You definitely have a green thumb! It's nice that you are pacing yourself and helping Dad and tending to your garden...we all need a blog break at times! Your card is just as beautiful as your garden. Take time for yourself...your friends are always here for you!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful job, ms. gardener! loverly creation too!
    take care! missed seeing you last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Teri. Your garden look so beautiful with those lovely flowers. Great job on the card as we'll. Love that die and sentiment. Take care and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey T! I love this post ... miss seeing your awesome creations and reading about all that's going on. Your mom and dad are very lucky to have a daughter like you. Take care my friend, and I'll see you soon. xoxo, Elle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Dahling... very nice to see the garden looking good!! You're doing an awesome work, and doing what it is that the Lord is calling you to do. Everyone has a higher calling, and at this time, taking care of Pops is it. So just keep trudging along, and focusing on doing what is awesome, because it is truly pleasing to the Lord to see that you are taking care of your daddy!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers, luv! You still look gorgeous, and your card looks awesome. I too love that sentiment. Love U Lots!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!