Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mini Cards and Envelopes - The Bonus!

This project was thought up so last minute, but I love the way it turned out.  I made a cute mini cards and envelope set.  The box is the Sizzix Box #2 XL die.  I used my scallop border punch on the flap and didn't crease it to close.  Instead, I lined it with a piece of DP from the Greenhouse Gala pack.  Don't you love the cute bunny?  It's from a set called "So Cute" and I got it FREE!  You can select this set and a whole bunch of other stamp sets as an alternate freebie from the Sale-a-Bration promotion.  You must use the item numbers that's listed in the back of the SAB brochure in order to get the item for free.
Here's what the cards and envelopes look like.  BTW, the ribbon is old olive taffeta ribbon.  I love the softness of the ribbon.
A top view of the box
A side view
I hope you don't mind my sharing photos of my favorite feline subject.  These shots were taken by my niece Jen using her new camera during the holidays. 


 Thanks for sharing a bit of your day with me.  I truly am grateful to all of you who stop by to visit and for leaving me comments.  I love reading the comments as they brighten my day.
Finally, I wanted to announce that I will not be holding a class during the month of April and maybe May.  We'll see when I'm able to get back on the bandwagon again.  I'm feeling a bit burnt out especially since Dad is needing more attention and help.  I am still grateful that he is still mobile and can do quite a bit by himself.  He needs a little more supervision though and I don't mind.  I hope those who come regularly to my classes understand that this is something that I need to do for now.  I used to be able to juggle everything and not feel so tired, but gee, getting older and adding more responsibilities on my plate has left me exhausted.  By the end of the week, my body is all tense and thank goodness I get a massage every Sunday - yay!  Look forward to getting beaten up by my massage therapist, Kim.  She is the best!  If any of you like the deep massage treatment, email me for Kim's number.  You will love it!  Thanks again to all of you for all of the love and support.  Truly, I am blessed to be a part of your life and thanks for letting me ramble on....hopefully I will find time to do a couple more posts this week!  Hugs to you all!

18 comments:

  1. Hi there Teri! Oooohhhhh, I love all the projects you have posted for your March class! The gals will be so happy to learn how to make all of these. Sorry I've been kinda MIA. Too many things to do, not enough hours! I have to limit my time blurfing or I'll never get anything done LOL! I don't know how you manage to create all these projects. Do take time for yourself. I know your Dad needs more attention now, and it can be exhausting. But that big heart of yours will always put others first. I hope I get to see you soon! Take good care now!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative Teri!!! and what a great use for the box #2... Love the mini cards, awesome way to whip them up and display!! TFS! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute idea! love what you made with them! so darling and lots of mini cards! thanks for yesterday as I totally needed it! the starbucks really hit the spot! hope you are having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your box turned out so cute! I didn't see this the last time you showed me everything. Unless you did and I forgot. Ha! Hope all is well and we can go to lunch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, Teri. Loved it. Great photos of Mochiko, too. I can tell she loves the camera and it loves her. Your Dad is truly blessed to have such a loving daughter like you. I'm glad you will take some time for yourself and get pampered by Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for making it into a card box!! Those pics of Mochiko are so sweet!! She is definitely not camera shy. I think you are making a great decision to put the classes on hold so you can spend time with Grandpa, this is what's most important. well I'm going to finally start cleaning my craftroom, had no time earlier this week.
    Hugs
    Jodi=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great bonus project! the bunny is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mini cards! and pics of mochiko...shes a model for sure :) have some fun taking time off and spending it with your dad!! take care...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Teri, These are super sweet and adorable -- love the mini cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute bunny cards! Not to mention your Kitty Cat, so adorable. Hope your pappy is feeling better. Hugs, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Teri, what a cute idea this project! But then, you always create such wonderful things. Your kitty is so charming, seems your niece may have a future in photography.
    Bless you for the care you give to your Dad.
    Mahalo for sharing your projects with all of us on the blog.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Teri thanks for sharing your ideas and fine feline. Very cute, all of'em. Your cat is quite photogenic, and those are great shots of her. Good job, Niece! Hope you and your Dad get all the good care needed. You're such a good daughter and caregiver. Caring for an elder parent takes a lot of time and patience...you just want them to live their golden years as best as possible. So take care and no worries. Whenever you choose to post, it'll be a bonus...it'll be just good to hear that you're doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your project, Teri! Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great box Teri! I don't know how you come up with these ideas for your classes. I gotta just copy everyone. :) Glad to hear that you are taking time for "YOU" and to care for your dad. Family is important! Cherish every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger

    Big smiles,
    Corie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty set...love the little bunny! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!