Monday, March 14, 2011

March Class projects part 1

Did everyone have a rough week like me last week?  Not just the tsunami warning and evacuation but must a long rough week!  I'm glad I survived the week and weekend.  It's a new week, and a short one for me, it's our last furlough Friday!  I remember being sad when they announced that we would have to take furlough days, that was almost 2 years ago, can you believe that?  Now with the furlough days coming to a close for my department, I'm feeling kind of sad as I looked forward to having an extra day which I mostly used for doctor appointments for Dad.  Anyhoo, we had two days of crafting fun!  Here's the first 2 projects - our Easter basket with punch art bunny.  I used acetate for the handles and added ribbon to the middle.  This cute ribbon is part of the sale-a-bration freebies!
Here's a side view of the basket.  The basket is the fancy favor XL sizzix die.  I used rhinestone brads to hold the handles on the basket.
We made a cute carrot using the petal cone die.  I can't believe how versatile this die is!  I've made so many different projects using this die!  The cute flower buttons is also a SAB freebie that actually comes with the ribbon as a set!
Gotta get running to the bus right now, but I will be back with the rest of the projects and the cute bonus we made!  Happy Monday and thanks for your visit today!

7 comments:

  1. what cute projects! I better start on my Easter projects now as this month will be busy for me! thanks for the idea! love that bunny. glad to hear that you made it through the week. I am so tired...don't know whether I am coming or going. with the Tsunami and all that's been going on...I hope we can get together this week. TTYL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that funny bunny, sweet basket and the cute carrot. So clever. Most of my friends feel the same way you do about FFs coming to an end. My prayers are with the people in Japan. I can't imagine suffering that kind of devastation. Hope your Dad is doing okay. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww these are both really cute projects! love that bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet projects! gotta get on my easter stuff :) been overwhelmed with all these birthdays on my calendar. hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects! I just got the scallop cone diecut from Brenda and am starting a project using the vintage fabric bundle. Hope my idea works.
    Your projects always make me smile. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teri! Super cute projects. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that bunny box...reminds me of the one I made last year (or was it the year before...ugh!). That carrot is a great quick idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!