Friday, March 11, 2011

The Green Pig King

Thanks for the comments on my Angry Bird.  Seems like that game is so popular, everyone knows about those crazy birds!  Today, I made some time to put the green pig king together using my SU punches.  I used a circle punch for the head, small oval punch for the ears, 3/4" and 1/4" circle punches for the nose, 1/2" and 1/8" punches for the eyes and hand cut the eyebrows.  I used part of the small oval punch for the mouth (black) and 1/4" circles for the teeth.  I hand cut the crown.  This was a fun card to make.  I like the noise that the pigs make, I guess that nom, nom, nom is an eating sound?  I dug out my quickutz dies to cut out the words and used a thought bubble punch.
Here's a closer look...
Although making these punched art characters was sort of fun, I think I'm done creating these characters for now since it was so time consuming! 
Yesterday was such a long day for me and Dad.  Dad had to take another echocardiogram yesterday, too many excusions wipe him out!  I guess in some ways it's something for him to do instead of staying indoors and watching TV all day long.
It must have been a long day for Mochiko too.  This is one of her favorite sleeping spots.  She thinks she owns all of the furniture!  Funny thing is that she only sleeps on this chair in the evening.   You won't catch her on it during the day, have no idea why.
Cats have the funniest sleeping positions. I wonder if she was sleeping with her eye open, or if she was peeking at me?
Happy Aloha Friday to all of you!  Hope I can get things done today.  Class this weekend, so I will see those who signed up.  I will be posting the projects next week for you all to see what we made.
By the way, Sale-a-Bration is still going on til March 31st.  You still have time to place an order to get your FREE SAB merchandise!
Thanks for stopping by today and happy weekend!

10 comments:

  1. LOL, this is too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope all goes well with your dad's testing. love that green pig too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Your Angry Birds cards are way too cute! I think I have to try and make one for my Son. He LOVES that game! Hope you have a great day off and hope everything goes well with your Dad. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am secretly addicted to Angry Birds, and you made that pig so well, it made me want to sling shot a bird at him, so basically GREAT JOB, very realistic.
    You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers when it comes to your dad...
    See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your Dad is doing okay and you are, too. The Green Frog was too funny. Mochiko always puts a smile on my face. I would have a stiff neck if I slept like that. Cats are so flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Teri that is so funny!! I love how you did the ears on him too!! I was really into this and now I think I have had too much of Angry birds... I am playing the seasonal versions from Christmas, Halloween and Valentine's.
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your green pig is as good as your angry bird punch art! They're too funny that they have a life of expression of its own. Thanks for sharing also your story about your cat.. that's a cute cat. Wonder if you could make a punch art of him.hihi. BTW, I hope the best of health for your pop. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!

    I just wanted to THANK you for today, your class was great and you're awesome. I am more inspired and will be using some of the cards that we made in my future class with my friends.
    And also THANK YOU for your generosity.

    hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!