Thursday, March 10, 2011

Angry Bird

Any Angry Bird fans out there?  This game is addicting but fun!  After watching a video online where this Dad made a Angry Bird cake for his 6 year old son, I thought, why not make it out of paper??  My bird was created using mostly SU punches and was alot of fun to make.  What do you think?
Here's a close up of my Angry Bird.
Punches I used 2" circle punch for the body in real red and 1/4 of a circle for the vanilla part, you can use any size circle.  Small hearts for wings in real red, 1/2", 1/4" and 1/8" circles for the eyes and hearts for the beak (I used 2 hearts and punched out from the heart to heart XL punch by SU.  I used a small pink heart for the bird's tongue, sorry I didn't take a photo of it.  The feathers on the top of the head is the word window punch (2 of them) and I hand cut the eyebrows.  I think the photo corner would work well too.  I'll see if I can get a photo of all of the punched pieces so you can make your own Angry Bird - LOL!  I'm trying the green pig next!  I have the pieces punched out, just gotta assemble.
I'm so glad that today is my Friday, since we have a furlough tomorrow.  I've been so busy-crazy lately, we had a scare with Dad the other night and had to take him to the after hour care, just to be safe.  Thank goodness everything is okay.  Too much going on has really made me exhausted!  I hope I can sleep in for a bit tomorrow since it will be a busy day but so glad that I'll be off from work.  We're looking into renovating the bathroom to accommodate Dad better and I have lots of housework to catch up on.  Classes this weekend, which I'm excited to see more people sign up.  I'm thinking of switching gears soon and may be venturing into a new episode on the craft side.  Stay tuned for more soon.  Thanks for your visit today!

12 comments:

  1. What a cute & fun card Teri! If I was being tossed from a sling shot I'd be angry too, BWAHAHAHA!! I think deep down he's enjoying the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! My son is into Angry Bird and I had no clue what he was talking about! My younger cousin let him play this game on your phone (without me knowing) and now that's all he talks about (draws about it too!) So funny, I must show him your "Angry Bird"! LOL . . . happy Friday for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwah ha ha! How fun! Great job Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're going to laugh cause i have no idea what that game is. but on the other hand... that bird sure does look angry! love how you made him with punches. i need to get back into creating punch art, but after using the cricut... hmmm, i just don't know. lol! enjoy your furlough tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Teri, both of my kids LOVE Angry Birds! Yours totally looks like the game...awesome! Glad everything with your dad is okay. Have a great day tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so creative Teri, what a fun card! Glad to hear your dad's ok. Take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! My husband and daughter were both into it. I was so junk- didn't make it past the first few levels. Can't wait to see your green pig. Take care. Can't wait to hear what your new craft adventure will be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure learned something new about Angry Bird. Cute little guy. So glad Dad is okay and hope you get a chance to sleep in tomorrow. Enjoy your Furlough Friday, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool, i saw that video too! love your angry bird...so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Teri! How funny!! This turned out great with those punches! Can't wait to see what you will come up with in the future!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely perfect. My sister is so addicted to this game and her birthday is St Patrick's Day....what better card....lol... Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great!!! I love it!! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!