Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Whooo's Birthday?

Last month, my niece Jodi celebrated her birthday, and as usual, Aunty is late again!!  I don't remember last when I sent a card on time anymore - boohoo!  For Jodi's card, I used the cute Owl and Happy Birthday stamps from the Punch Bunch stamp set.  You can get this set for FREE when you place a $50 order!
Making this owl was super easy! Just stamp and punch out with the owl punch.  You can choose to embellish the owl by adding the eyes from the punch.
My card is a 5 1/4" X 5 1/4" old olive square.  I used Concord Crush CS and cut out a scallop square with my Sizzix die.  Embellished with pearls and the branch is from the bird punch.  I used my ticket punch or the corners of my dotted DSP.
Here is the inside of the card.
I put her gift in a pillow box (BS pro die).  The dotted DSP was perfect wrapped around the box and I trimmed is using the Victoria crochet trim.  Tag is cut using the two tag die and I embellished it with the punched owl and the flower trio with rhinestones.
Here's a close up of the tag...
Thanks so much for spending a few minutes with me today!  I appreciate all of your comments, as they help motivate me to create projects and blog posts.

7 comments:

  1. love the card and your wrapping! cute and love all the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so adorable! I can't believe that pillow box can fit a t-shirt inside! love what you did! cute owls on both! had a blast at your house. my mom thanks you for the jai (sp). hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card & gift wrap. don't you think that owl stamp is so much easier to use than the punch... lol! it comes out just as cute too! all i had to do with mines was add some googly eyes and i was done! i'm going to have to miss your class this weekend, but hopefully i'll be able to make it next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Love the little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect way to give a gift!! Love the matching set. See you Saturday :)
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card for your niece and gosh, that pillow box is a really nice size! Such a pretty matching set go give. Lucky niece!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute! really!
    hey! maybe you should put everyone's bday's a month ahead, then you'll be on time! LOL!
    But, it's the thought that always counts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!