Thursday, February 24, 2011

More projects and the bonus

Thanks to those who visited yesterday, it means so much to me to know that I still have people interested in my projects even if my posting hasn't been regular lately.  I'll have to share with you some of the things I've been going through so you can have a better understanding of my sporatic postings and such.  But for now, I will be sharing the rest of the class projects and the cute bonus.
The card that we made uses our new flower punch called Blossoms Petal Punch.  This XL punch punches out the petals and leaves.  At the time I made this sample, my stamp set Build a Blossom didn't arrive yet, so I punched out the petals and sponged the edges and hand drew the lines using my SU marker.  I drew the lines on the leaves as well. Turned out pretty good if I may say so.  Good to know that I have options when making these pretty flowers.   The center of the flower is an antique brad, and the sentiment is from Fundamental Phrases punched out with the small oval punch and layered with the large oval punch using early expresso.
Here's the inside of the card.  The cute butterfly and sentiment is from a set called So Happy For You and you can get this set FREE with a qualifying order of $50 (before shipping and tax). Have you taken advantage of the free stamp sets and accessories from our fabulous SALE-A-BRATION sale yet?  Offer is only good through the end of March!
This next project uses the Petal Cone die again, and my GF Joy saw this in blogland and made a whole bunch of these for Valentine's Day.  She showed me how to do this and I just had to include this in our class project.  We embellished the box with a cute cupcake.  I didn't order this cupcake punch when it first came out because I thought I didn't need it.  After seeing so many cute samples, I just had to get it!  I crimped some chocolate chip cardstock before punching out the cup part and embossed pretty in pink cardstock before punching out the top of the cupcake.

Here's the bonus project that we made - a giant owl!  I provided the large pillow boxes and we used various SU punches to complete our owl.  We used the Tasteful Trim XL sizzix die to cut out the row of "feathers", worked perfect!
Here's a sideview of the owl.
I hope you enjoyed seeing the class projects.  If you live in Hawaii, stay safe and dry.  Wasn't the thunder loud last night?  Not sure when I'll be able to post again, but I do have more things to share with you.  Thanks for stopping in today.

15 comments:

  1. These projects are so cute! Now you make me want to go and get those punches too! I love how you used the petal cone die too. Very neat ideas- didn't know that die was so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job on that flower card & I luv the detail you created! That cone box is sooo adorable Teri! The cupcake looks good enough to eat! Cute owl too!

    You can always count on me to be here, I'm not going anywhere. I may not always comment much anymore but I'm still here always...hugs Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea with the owl. i've been thinking that i need to use that pillow box die more often. and that little cupcake box is way too cute! i think i need to get the petal cone die and cupcake punch too! i think my wishlist is getting pretty long thanks to your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable projects Teri!! I love the owl pillow box...the petal cone box is too cute...and you did an awesome job on that flower! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sneaking in a time out while the jurors are being released...cute projects. Taelyn loves her own owl she made. hope we are done soon! do you have furlough this week? well talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very creative projects! i really love the owl! i saw one irl this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the projects and I CAN'T believe I missed this class, yikes!!! extra kits?? just kidding. Those projects are adorable...got stuff I should buy now. Thank you for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations! Love that flower card! I really need to start practicing more with my Silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Teri! Thanks for visiting my blog and leave me the sweetest comment! Love your creative ideas and thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. More fun projects done at your class! Great job on your flower, Teri! No need to stamp! Just draw line since you're good at sketching! The thunder last night was loud not to mention all the lightning!
    Huges, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects!! And that flower is totally awesome :) hope the weathers better on your side. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the projects. All of them look like so much fun. I can't believe that you drew in the lines for the flowers. It looks like you stamped them. I especially like your bonus project... the owl made using the pillow box die.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are adorable! I love how you gigantizized your owl..teehee. Anyway, thanks for your kind words and thoughts of my mom. Hugs to you and your big owl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These projects are so cute! Sorry I missed it. And thanks for commenting on my blog, really appreciate it..=)

    hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!