Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sock Monkey Birthday Card

My neighbor's baby is turning one years old and although we won't be able to attend the party, I needed to make a card for him.  It's been a while since I did some serious crafting and kind of needed to get back into the swing of things.  Since I love the Sock Monkey, I decided to go with that as my focus.  I used some buttons that have since retired (called Candy Cane) and some circles from the Celebrations Quick Accents kit #118708.  These quick accents are indeed quick!  They are peel and stick cardstock stickers. This accent kit matches with the Celebrations DSP #117164.  This DSP is such a fun one, perfect for making scrapbooks or stuff for kids.
Happy Birthday sentiment is from one of my favorite sentiment sets called Teeny Tiny Wishes #115370 wood only.  Punched that out with my word window punch and added a rhinestone.  To color your rhinestones, I use sharpie markers, they work great!
Here is the inside.  The sentiment is from Word Play #120308 wood, #120651 cling.  I added a star as my accent.  I used the small and large star punches to make this framed star.
Cardstock I used - cherry cobbler and old olive.
Thank you for stopping by for a visit today.  I'm slowly getting back into the groove.  Taking care of Dad has moved up on my priority list lately.  He's needing more assistance and has recently been going for alot of tests for various issues.  I try to find some leftover energy to craft, seems to be my therapy,
The weather here has been cold, rainy and very windy!  Seems like some kind of a storm blowing over the islands.  If you are an island girl, please stay safe!
In the days to come, I will be posting some things that I created over the holidays.  In looking at my photo files, I noticed that I didn't get to share some things from the holidays.

10 comments:

  1. very cute card! that sock monkey is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be creating with you! I can't wait till the house is finished. so I don't have to dig or do so much upper body physical work! lol! well hope you have a great week! hopefully we can meet up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Teri! That Sock Monkey is adorable! :) Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a fun cute card Teri, love the colors! Hope your dad gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! The parents of the baby, will definitely love that card!!! Here's hopingyour Dad stays in good health always. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the card that you made for your neighbor using the Sock Monkey set. I love the set too, but have not used it nearly as much as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teri! Super cute card--love that sock monkey! Please take care of yourself, and your dad. Caregivers need hugs, too! ((HUG!!))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appreciate the hard work and time taken to do this write up. Lovin this! A while back I was looking for a birthday card for a friend. I had zero luck finding what I was looking for. I told a group of friends about this problem one night while we were having a few drinks. We proceeded to get smashed and make up a bunch of greeting cards we found funny. I had been writing down the cards we made up and the next morning I read them. Much to my surprise the cards were still funny even when sober.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!