Thursday, January 27, 2011

Create a Calendar using 3M craft paper and my cricut

I've been wanting to create some kind of calendar and I finally made one.  I know that the new year already started, but I still really wanted to create one.  I wanted to use my cricut machine and my favorite cartridge, Create-a-Critter to make this calendar.  Another item that I really wanted to use was the 3M self-adhesive craft paper (love this paper!) because I know with all of the layering that I'm going to do, this paper will save me alot of time.  If you've never tried this paper before, you are missing out on a fabulous product.  FYI, if you are interested in getting some of this fab paper, watch for the February ad for Fisher Hawaii.  I believe that it will be on sale :)  Time to stock up on the other colors I need!
This post will be showing you the first 4 months of the calendar.  I will be posting the other 8 pages in 2 posts following this one.
Isn't this penguin cute?  I used the cricut to cut out the penguin and the igloo.  The snowflake is a SU punch and so is the circle in the back of it.  For my calendar, I was able to finally use all of the Martha Stewart border punches that I bought (and never used!).  I used a strip of Doodlebug glitter paper for the "ice" at the bottom of the page and my "snow" are pearls by SU.
Here's a close up of the snow and the snowflake.
One of my favorite critters is this cute ladybug, perfect for Valentine's Day!  I used a swirl punch (EK) and the small heart punch (SU).  The scallop heart and heart punches are by Marvy (got them on sale at Fisher Hawaii this month).
Another of my favorite critters is this owl.   Another fun martha stewart border punch!
Isn't this a fun Easter page?  I love this cute bunny.  At the time I created this page, I didn't have a small oval punch for the eggs, so the basket is empty! 
I'll have the next four months to show you, hopefully tomorrow!  Thanks for your visit today!

9 comments:

  1. Oh these are all soooo darn cute! That cute penguin would be right at home here in my house with all the snow we've been getting this year & you know I luv penguins! I can't wait to see the rest of the calendar Hugs Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Teri- this is so cute! I love how you made little scenes with your images. That sure is a lot of cutting! Can't wait to see the rest of your calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only word for this is adorable!! I'm looking forward to the coming pages.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great calendar project! TFS and can't wait to see the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the calendar and how each month is different! i'm with linda... can't wait to see the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute calendar--especially with those critters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!! Great use of your Cricut, sister!! Love these calendar creations, they are sooooo cute!! Big Hugs, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing all these, so fun seeing other people's creative ideas for calendars, super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!