Thursday, January 13, 2011

3X3 Acetate Purse with cards and envelopes

Thanks for coming by today!  More projects from our first class of the year.  I wanted to make some cute 3X3 cards but got stuck on what to put the in.  In searching around my craft room, I found a whole bunch of these cute acetate square boxes leftover from my 50 tag class last year.  It worked out perfect and I love the finished results.  This cute purse holds 4 cards and 4 envelopes.

Here's a close up of how I closed the purse.  I punched out a tab punch and used velcro circles...it worked perfect!
Here are the cards...the sentiment is from a new set called XOXO.  This set is available in the new Occasions Mini Catalog.  I used the new seam binding (ribbon) in cherry cobbler.
This card features our heart punch, Victorian Lace and pearls.  Simple and sweet card.
This card features an sentiment from another set found in the Occasions Mini Catalog called Valentine Defined.  I used the modern label punch and 2 silver mini brads.
This cute message bubble with heart also came from the Valentine Defined stamp set (#121941 wood, #123057 cling).  I punched it out using the scallop square punch.  Love the row of bling!  Had tons leftover from our previous classes!
For the envelopes, I used the sentiment LOVE from the XOXO set (#121909 wood, #121973 cling).  I punched it out using the 1 1/4" circle punch, followed by a regal rose circle using the 1 3/8" circle punch and finally, the scallop circle punch.  This was attached to the back flap of the mini envelopes.
Here's a photo of the front and back of the envie.  I stamped the cute heart with an "XO" on it (from the XOXO set).
I'll be posting the bonus project tomorrow.  Sorry for the delay in getting all of these projects posted!  I've been busy taking my Dad for a bunch of tests so it's been difficult getting on the computer after a long day of  taking care of Dad.  Thanks for sticking with me!

5 comments:

  1. Such a clever little purse to hold those mini notes! Love it, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, now i'm really sad that i missed your class. just kidding! this is another one of your terrific projects teri! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yah! NOW I remember what I was supposed to do with the scallop circle w/Love stamp!...attach it to the envelope! duh....major senior moment!
    Hope your house is intact after all this wind/rain! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purse Teri and the cute little cards to put inside. I hope and pray that the test results show that your dad is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Cute little purse! I like that punch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!