Thursday, December 2, 2010

Money holder

I made this money holder for a function we had at work.  This was so easy to make, I had to ask myself after why I always complicate things by wanting to recreate the wheel, know what I mean?  This fast and simple holder was so fast to make, I made 2 before I left for work the other day.  I used a retired stamp set called Do The Hula.
 I made a belly band to hold it close.
 Here's a view of it opened, it's kind of hard to see, but I used the 1 1/4" circle punch in the center of the pocket for easy retrieval of the cash.
So here are the measurements:
cut your cardstock 7 3/4" X 10 1/4".  Score at 3 3/8" and 6 3/4".  That's it!  To form the money pocket on the bottom, use your sticky strip on both sides of the bottom pocket and seal (be sure to punch the half circle first).  For the cover, I used a piece of real red CS cut at 7 1/2" X 10" and then the white CS cut at 7 1/4" X 9 3/4".  The belly band that I used was cut at 3/4" X 9".  This size can vary according to your taste.  You can embellish the band, or not. I'll be making a holiday money holder to share soon.
Thanks for your visit today!

8 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, yet easy peasy! I love it.
    TFS.
    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful project! TFS Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cash holder, and I love simple design, yet made from the heart. See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri this is a cute money holder! I love the idea of using the board as a belly band. Hope all is well with you and grandpa!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute gch! love those that are longer for $$$ or whatever else you may want to put inside. thanks for the fun this past weekend. I am so stressed about so many different things I want to scream! oh wells...and this too shall pass. or at least I hope it does. have a great week. thank goodness it's another short one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift card holder in my favorite style- Hawaiian. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all these fresh ideas for the gift card holders and this money holder! fast 'n easy is always the best during busy times like this. Really love the ideas you share to make these xtra special! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for monetary gifts! I love how the design looks like a maile lei. Thanks for sharing the measurements!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!