Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Here's how I created Santa!

As promised, here are the punches that I used to make Santa.  Before I show you which punches I used, also wanted to share with you how I created the beard.  First, I punched out a circle using the 1 3/8" circle punch like this:

 Then, using the ornament punch, position the punch like this to form Santa's beard.
Here are the punches that I used:
Real red cardstock:
1 3/8" square, modern label punches
I hand cut the Santa hat
Blush cardsock:
1 3/8" circle, trio flower (not sure if that is the correct name of that punch)
Whisper white cardstock:
word window, ornament punches
Black cardstock:
trio flower, hand cut a thin strip (for the belt)
Green cardstock - horizontal punch
You need to trim off two of the scallops from the trio flowers to form hands and feet
Here is Mr. Claus all assembled.  For his nose, I used 10mm hot pink (they look red to me) crystal stickers (I purchased from J's).  You can substitute with a mini pom pom, a red 1/2 circle or a rhinestone.
 
 I added Santa to a cute post it note holder.  He's so much fun to make and easy too!  Oh yeah, if you were interested in making the easy giftcard holder that I posted yesterday, the measurements are:
Cut one piece of cardstock 5 1/2" X 8 1/2", fold in half.  Cut another piece of cardstock 2 1/2" X 4 1/4" - this is the pocket.  I lined the inside of the GCH with a piece of white cardstock cut at 4 X 5 1/4".  That's it!  Hope you give it a try! 
 Thanks for your visit today.  I finally figured out why my posts were posting at 6:30 PM, so hopefully, it will post earlier.  Still trying to figure out this blog, there were alot of things that blogger changed in the 3 years that I had my old blog.  See you soon!  I'll be sharing some raks and a couple of easy and cute gift tags that I made at a mini lunch time workshop.

9 comments:

  1. OMG...how do you punch people "see" this stuff! Love the beard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool Teri! Now I wish I bought the ornament punch. TFS Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are another PUNCH QUEEN! where you find the time to do anything besides your "life @ home" is beyond me! but so glad that you do. then I can have yummy coffee and sobe pina coladas! lol! great santa as he is just too cute! making more stuff? why? hahaha! I gotta get myself into the groove. gotta finish everything by this week! yikes! hope you have a good day off and see ya tomorrow! gotta get those milk cartons created...=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Teri! You are the best. I just love love love this santa- I think he's the cutest punch santa I've seen. Got the hat today- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Santa is totally amazing, Teri! I really love how you did the beard! You are sooooo clever--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a cutie! Thanks for the TOOT!
    I'm so glad that I did the GC class and the tags! They all came in handy! whew!
    I wanna make plenty tags for next year already...hahaha, right! Wishful thinking!
    Hope you're hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute project! Thanks for sharing the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tut on making your cute santa, Teri! You have a special "Eye" on punching and putting things together! And, I can't believe it! You made this cute notepad holder with pen and I've been doing this too becuase of all the little pens I have! Also, I swear I subscribed to your new blog when you changed, then I wasn't getting any updates so I came back and look at all you've been making! So I resubscribed again. Anyways, I hope we can get together again next year! Merry Christmas, Teri! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. How smart is this?!? I love that beard idea and it just turned out so durn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!