Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Another Giftcard Holder

Happy December!  I can't believe that I've been away from my blog for that long. Time is just passing too quickly and all I can say is that I've been putting most of my energy into taking care of my Dad and things at home.  Nothing to be alarmed over but I'm feeling like Dad seems to be needing more care lately, hard to explain.  Anyway, so sorry that I didn't get to post the more of the giftcard holders from the class.  This one is my favorite.  It's made with chipboard covered with DSP from the Candy Cane Christmas specialty line (FYI, they are not making any more of this paper, I guess Christmas is almost here).  I used the craft glue to adhere the paper to the chipboard and then used the top note sizzix die to cut out the holder.  The number 25 are quickutz dies because I didn't have any other number dies.  I used the snowflakes from the decorative strip die called Northern Frost.  I love this die!  Added a glitter brad in the center of the snowflake and added a dimensional in between snowflakes.  It looks like bakers twine, but really is a thin yard I bought from a craft store last year.  The hole was punched using my crop-a-dile..
Here's the back of the GCH.  I used elmer's craft bond to adhere the pocket.
For the ladies who ordered a kit to go, HUGE apologies for the delay.  There's been so much on my little plate lately, talk about being overwhelmed! I'm happy to tell you that they are all done and ready to mail!  Don't forget to email me if you need any help with assembling, I think there will be no problem.
I will post the last giftcard holder tomorrow, doing it as a pre-post.  Also in store for you will be a simple money holder with measurements so you can make some for the holidays.
Thank you so much for your patience.  Sorry to say that blogging has been on the bottom of the list of things to do.  I barely have time to look at all of the holiday creativity from your blogs, but will try to peek in later.  My reader must have 2,000 posts waiting for me! eeks!
The holidays are in full swing now and I can't believe that I am behind again - *sigh*...See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. this is a great idea! i must try it! happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. I kind of know what you mean by feeling a bit overwelmed and a bit behind esp. with Christmas only being 24 days away. Yikes! The giftcard holder that you came up with using the top note die is very cute. I can't wait to get to put the kit together when I receive it. Unfortunately it will probably have to wait until after Christmas. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag and holder :) and Im still way behind and dont think I will ever catch up with all the holiday things I wanna do!! just gotta enjoy the moments and smile :) have a great humpday wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know exactly what you mean... just take things one day at a time! see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teri! Such a nice project. Thanks for sharing! Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!