Monday, November 15, 2010

2010 Gift Card Holder Class Projects

Hello friends!  Glad you were able to make your way over to my new blog.  Before I continue, I would like to give a HUGE shout out to my GF Jen who helped me launch this new blog.  She helped me transfer all of my links, pics, tutorials, etc. over to my new home.  Thanks sister!  Also, thanks to Allison who gave me a tip if I wanted to continue using my old blog, she mentioned that the cost was very minimal to buy more space.  Shucks!, little too late to take that route as we already started this one.  Appreciate the advice! This info may come in handy for others out there who may experience the same trouble I just went through.
Okay, on to the projects!  Thanks to all of you who attended my giftcard holder class this weekend!  I hope you enjoyed the projects this year.  This first GCH was created with the sizzix giftcard holder die that I bought last year but never used (sound familiar??)  I love that cutting the GCH is so simple so that I could spend more time embellishing the cover.  Don't you just love this cute Santa Owl??  This jolly owl was created by the super talented Kay over at Creations on Paper.  She is the creator of many cute, cute critters using the SU owl punch as well as the beautiful rose made out of cardstock.  Please take a visit at Kay's blog, you will be amazed and awed at all of her fab projects.  Thanks Kay for allowing me to borrow this Santa owl! 
Here's what the inside of the GCH looks like.  Used the decorative label punch and the santa image from the Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set (holiday mini catalog).

This is another GCH we made using the same Sizzix GCH die.  We stamped Dasher to decorate the front of this holder and punched it out using the 2 1/2" circle punch.  FYI, this punch was having some issues and is not available temporarily. 
Here is the inside of the holder.  Used the set called Gifted from the idea book & catalog for the label.  I thought that this reindeer kind of matched Dasher.
Thanks for making your way over to my new blog.  If you were a subscriber on my other blog, you will need to re-sign up on this blog to receive an email from me every time I post to this blog.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but this was one of the things that couldn't transfer over from the old blog.
Thank you so much for your love and support over the last 3 1/2 years of blogging.  I must say that this journey has been a fun one and it's all because of all of you out there!  More GCH projects to be posted soon!

10 comments:

  1. Aloha, I soooo loved the GCH's, and I am super bummmed I missed the class :(. I do love the new blog, and isn't such a blessing that you have such great teachers around you to share the knowledge. You are one of the kindest and generous people I know, so your goodness comes back to ten-fold. Hope to see you soon, and again love the new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looked like a great class! perfect for the holiday season..and I love the punch art too :) now following Kays blog too! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the class!! Always look forward to them. Thanks so much Teri for all your sharing & being to Sweet!
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had another fun class. You did a great job on decorating the giftcard holders. I can't wait to see the rest of them. BTW, I love the cute polka dotted background to your new blog. What a great friend Jen is to help you launch a new home for you to post your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new blog and thanks for the tip from allison. also, guess who went out to buy a set of colored sharpies? that was a great tip and i love the gift card holders that you created for the class. always looking forward to seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new site/blog wear! The gals must've had fun making these great GC holders! Keep on bloggin'!!! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your second edition of your blog. Love your new blog. These GC holder are great, too bad I miss out, it would have been fun making these. Thanks for continuing your blog and sharing your ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new blog look and glad that you got things figured out with the start of a new one!! Congratulations on blogging for 3 years!!
    Wish I could have attended the GC holder class, too many things going on right now. Glad to hear that all is well... for the most part.
    See you Soon!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute projects! Thanks for sharing. I love your new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been peeking over here to get ideas for my own tags! Ha! Another cute bunch...keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile with your comments!